Friday, August 20, 2010

Nature vs. Nurture and the age old question... Is anything better than peanut butter?

It’s Friday! My morning started off in a pretty yum-tastic manner. A breakfast cookie ala the Fitnessista! Breakfast is instantly made more exciting when you eat something with the word cookie in the name.


I went out for lunch with my boss and had a coconut crusted chicken tropical salad. It was quite delish although I had to scrape the coconut crust off the chicken. The coconut crust was pretty tasty, but the amount of grease in it would have ended up making me feel sick so I did the smart thing and avoided it. My stomach has been feeling a touch off lately so I’ve been extra careful about what I eat.

No picture of the salad since I didn’t feel like explaining to my boss why I was taking a picture of my lunch.

Okay so this looks SO GOOD! I don’t dare make this for myself because I would inhale it. That loaf of bread would last no longer than 24 hours in my apartment. My willpower is definitely not strong enough to stand up to anything that incorporates banana bread AND peanut butter.

Peanut butter is my kryptonite. Peanut Butter & Co.’s White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter is a thing of dreams. I would bathe in that peanut butter if possible. My eyes may or may not have just glazed over at that thought. Some people might find being immersed in a sea of peanut butter disgusting, but I’m having a hard time coming up with anything that sounds more appealing.

Do you ever wonder how much of your personality is ingrained and how much is learned behavior? For example, I've spent most of my life feeling almost debilitatingly shy around new people, but being an introvert has never felt natural. Being shy feels like something I imposed on myself. My mom once described me as a closested extrovert. Haha, as weird as it sounds I do kind of feel like I've pushed myself into the closest. My natural inclination when I meet new people is to be friendly and outgoing, but I smother the impulse because I'm afraid of what they'll think of me. I've taught myself to assume that people will probably not like me which is something I'm working on, but it definitely makes being outgoing right away difficult for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment