Monday, September 27, 2010

Shawty got low

Happy Monday everyone!

I got to work this morning and checked my email to see that I had TWO comments on my blog. TWO! I'm not even kidding when I say that I squealed out loud before bouncing around in my office chair in celebration. And as if that wasn't exciting enough all on its own, I also discovered that I have a blog follower. Double yay! I want to thank both of my commenters and my lone follower for completely making my morning.

These past few weeks have been hectic (hence the lack of updates), but I think things are finally going to start slowing down soon. I had a nasty cold for over a week and literally subsisted on oatmeal and soup. Delicious, but not very interesting picture-wise.

Aside from feeling deathly ill (can you tell that I'm not a very good patient?), I've had a great few weeks and some AH-MAZING weekends. I've spent two of the last three weekends with my cousins Kayla and Tiffany and with Kayla's boyfriend Cory. The rest of the family refers to our little foursome as "Cory and his harem." It's a good thing that Kayla doesn't mind sharing her boyfriend with us.

Kayla and Tiff
Cory and me
Haha, I love the last picture! Cory and I always end up looking like a happy little faux-couple when we take pictures together.

On Saturday night Tiff and I decided that it was our turn to cook dinner since Kayla and Cory were letting us crash at their house for the weekend again.


Looks good, right? Chicken broccoli alfredo with garlic bread AND cheesy garlic bread. Yum!

I won't recap my time with them because it would make this post embarrassingly long, but rest assured, there was a lot of ridiculousness.


And dancing. There's always dancing.






But perhaps the most exciting thing I've done in the past few weeks was a road trip to a little place called WHOLE FOODS!!


Yes, that's right. I've FINALLY been to a Whole Foods. And it was just as magical as I thought it would be.  I didn't buy much, but just exploring the aisles was exciting enough to keep me enthralled for over an hour. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who geeks over Whole Foods. Whole Foods is like a foreign land to me, all exotic items and undiscovered tasty delights. Love it! I bought a bag of medjool dates and just about died. So good!

I shouldn't have brought up Whole Foods because now I'm going to spend the rest of the morning daydreaming about going back. Bye-bye work productivity.




No comments:

Post a Comment