Monday, June 28, 2010

And then there was me...

So here I am. Lighter than I've been in my entire adult life and I finally feel like my life is truly starting to make sense. Step by step I'm becoming the person I want to be and while I still have a long way to go, I can almost see a light at the end of the tunnel.
This is me after my friend Jacque's wedding two weeks ago. Haha, and yes, I'm aware that I look 16.  


Why am I starting this blog now? Good question, hypothetical readers. I'm not sure I can explain why I'm starting this six months and thirty pounds into my weight loss journey, but I am. When I set out on this journey I wanted to lose a lot of weight so that I could finally feel proud of my body instead of ashamed, but somehow this journey has morphed into a lifestyle overhaul. I want to be the best possible version of myself. That version is going to be healthy, fit, gutsy, confident, and truly happy. Or at least that's what I'm shooting for. Wish me luck!

So this is me, trying to conquer my demons and change my world. I don't know where I'm going to end up, but I'm learning to love the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment